Michaele Salahi booted from "Celebrity Rehab" for lacking an addiction
VH1 confirmed Tuesday that Salahai is "no longer participating" in the show, which follows celebrities who are undergoing treatment for alcohol and drug addictions by Dr. Drew Pinsky and his staff.
"The treatment program that "Celebrity Rehab" documents is intended for individuals with serious substance abuse and addiction issues," the network said in a statement obtained by E! Online.
"Prior to the taping of the current season, producers were advised that Michaele Salahi met the criteria to be treated in this setting. However, professional assessments spanning from that time to the present, found that she did not meet such criteria. "
However her manger, Gina Rodriguez, claims VH1 knew this the whole time.
"That is the excuse they used. But they knew what it was when they cast her," Rodriguez said to CNN.
Salahi and her husband Tareq Salahi made headlines in November 2009 after attending a White House state dinner even though they were not on the guest list. She later became a central figure on Bravo's "Real Housewives of D.C."
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"