Charlie Sheen's tweets reportedly cost him custody "deal" with ex Brooke Mueller
(CBS) The tentative custody deal Charlie Sheen said he "verbally reached" with his ex Brooke Mueller has reportedly fallen through.
Two days after his two young sons were removed from his house, the "Two and Half Men" actor tweeted, without elaborating, that he and Muller "verbally reached" a custody agreement.
"Not sure what all the legal noise is about ... just verbally reached a deal with B. no court mon. yay," he wrote Thursday.
"Yet the opposition felt it necessary to still harass me with old gibberish .... odd? perhaps. transparent? you betcha'!" he added.
According to TMZ, the deal was called off by Mueller just two hours later because Sheen violated a condition of the agreement that he not discuss the deal publically.
Sources close to Muller tell the gossip website that the agreement would have required that a monitor be present when Sheen is with the twins. The custody issue will reportedly now be resolved in court on Monday.
In other Sheen-related news, his Twitter account has helped earn him a Guinness World Record. The 45-year-old won "Fastest Time to Reach 1 Million Followers," Guinness announced Thursday.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 116 Comments
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- Brad Pitt: "I've haven't known life to be any happier"