Pub landlord invited to royal wedding
(CBS) The man who runs Kate Middleton's favorite pub is among the select few who have been invited to the royal wedding.
John Haley, who pulls pints at the Old Boot Inn in Stanford Dingley, near Middleton's hometown of Bucklebury, will sit amongst royals, dignitaries, politicians and celebrities when the princess-to-be exchanges vows with Prince William on April 29 at London's Westminster Abbey.
Middleton and her family have been regular diners during Haley's 14 years running the pub, according to the British press, and she has enjoyed dinners there with William.
Haley told Britain's Daily Mirror, "It's a great honor. I've known the family for a long time. They are a lovely normal family, and I'm very happy for Kate. I don't know what I'll wear though or what I'll get them as a present."
The 55-year-old said that the invitation arrived at the pub on Friday, according to The Star, but that it wasn't a surprise - he received a phone call a few weeks ago revealing he would get an invitation.
Haley is one of the 1,900 people invited to the ceremony itself, but he won't be attending the later receptions. "I'll be back here in the evening and we'll have our own party," he said.
He also touched on the wedding's dress code: "I'm going to have to buy a new suit, I haven't got one I can wear so things are going to get a bit expensive."
What does one wear to a royal wedding? Take a look at our gallery to see what the dress code was at recent nuptials.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 109 Comments
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments