Tye Strickland and Melissa Rycroft Welcome a Daughter
(CBS) It's a girl for former "Bachelor" and "Dancing with the Stars" contestant Melissa Rycroft Strickland.
She and her husband, insurance agent Tye Strickland, welcomed daughter Ava Grace on Wednesday afternoon.
Her rep confirmed the news to People magazine, which reported that mother and child are resting comfortably. The baby girl, born in Dallas, weighed 6 lbs., 13 oz.
"Our lives have changed so much in the last two years and today we've been blessed with the best change ever, our beautiful baby girl," Rycroft Strickland, 27, said in a statement.
The reality star was famously dumped by Jason Mesnick after the two became engaged on "The Bachelor." She then went on to finish in third place on the 8th season of "Dancing with the Stars."
She and Strickland married in Mexico in December 2009.
The stork club
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards