Lady Gaga's Egg-Citing Grammy Awards Costume
NEW YORK (CBS) Lady Gaga's red carpet arrival at Grammy Awards did not disappoint - the singer, who is nominated for six awards, showed up on the red carpet in a giant, semi-transparent egg.
Gaga was carried down the carpet by five half-dressed attendees.
Her Twitter page gave a bit of insight into what she might be up to.
"This is Nicola, Haus of Gaga: Gaga is in incubation," stylist Nicola Formichetti posted on the singer's page. "Tonight's performance is in collaboration with Hussein Chalayan and House of Mugler. X"
Formichetti also wrote about the singer's arrival on his own Twitter account. "Grammys red carpet," he tweeted. "Lady gaga wears Mugler by nicola formichetti. Womb by hussein Chalayan. Gaga's pryers are in haus of gaga in collaboration with Mugler. My baby is been born."
Gaga, interviewed Sunday by Anderson Cooper on "60 Minutes," is set to perform her new song, "Born This Way," during the live Grammys telecast. She is nominated for Album of the Year, Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals, Best Pop Vocal Album, Best Dance Recording and Best Short Form Music Video.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos