Natalie Portman's Engagement Ring: All the Details
NEW YORK (CBS) Natalie Portman has been sporting a serious sparkler on her left hand since getting engaged to "Black Swan" choreographer Benjamin Millepied, and now details about the eco-friendly ring have emerged.
Millepied called on friend Jamie Wolf, a jewelry designer and former New York City Ballet dancer, to create a one-of-a-kind piece for the actress, who is expecting the couple's first child.
"Ben was exceptionally thoughtful and dedicated and patient to make sure we had everything right," Wolf told InStyle magazine. "We wanted everything about the ring to speak to things that are important to Natalie."
According to the magazine, the ring features an antique diamond surrounded by certified conflict-free stones, meaning no one was hurt or treated unfairly in the mining of the diamonds, and is made from recycled platinum, which fits with Portman's vegan and eco-friendly lifestyle.
"It was a lot of fun to work with him, he's such a great guy and it's such a great piece of jewelry," Wolf added. "It speaks to my work and my taste on a personal level. I was really proud of how it turned out. It's gorgeous."
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards