Talia Balsam: George Clooney's First and Only Wife [PICTURES]
While appearing on "Piers Morgan Tonight" Friday with his father Nick Clooney, the 49-year-old actor talked about his love life and obliquely said that his one marriage to actress Talia Balsam, which ended in 1993, will be the only nuptials on his record.
"I hate to blow your whole news story, but I was married, so I gave it a shot," he said. "I've proven how good I was at it, and I just...I'm allowed one."
Clooney and Balsam tied the knot in Las Vegas in 1989.
Clooney, who recently contracted malaria during a trip to Sudan earlier this month, is now dating Italian model Elisabetta Canalis.
Since their divorce, Balsam, 51, has been featured in a handful of movies and TV shows, including "Murder, She Wrote," "Without a Trace," and "Mad Men," in which she plays the ex-wife to Roger Sterling, played by her husband, actor John Slattery. She also is the daughter of actor Martin Balsam.
She currently can be seen playing Natalie Portman's mom in the just-released film, "No Strings Attached."
Stars' first spouses
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 144 Comments
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot
- Watch: New "Anchorman 2" trailer