Christie Brinkley: Finding Love Isn't a Priority
NEW YORK (CBS) Christie Brinkley has been divorced for more than two years, but the model says she's in no hurry to find love again.
"Most of the time, I've got my kids with me, so I'm not as prone to meeting people," she told Prevention magazine in its February issue. "And then, you never really know if someone is talking to you because you're a celebrity. It's not my number one priority."
Brinkley, 56, has three children - Alexa, 25; Jack, 15; and Sailor, 12 - and told the magazine she always knew she wanted to be a mom.
"It takes a lot of work," Brinkley said of motherhood. "My work makes me a better mom. It gives me a little door to step out of my parenting and bring the excitement from that day back home."
She also discussed overcoming painful times in her life - including her very public divorce from ex-husband Peter Cook (she was also previously married to Billy Joel).
"I really believe in the old expression that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger," she said. "It's through adversity that you find the strength you never knew you had."
Laughter, she added, also helped.
"You've got to find a way to keep laughing, even if it's black humor, and my friends are very good at that," she explained. "Some people think of happiness as a luxury, but it's a necessity, and you need to make space for it in your life."
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage