Mila Kunis and Macaulay Culkin Split
NEW YORK (CBS) It's over between Mila Kunis and Macaulay Culkin.
The actress, whose performance in Darren Aronofsky's "Black Swan" has earned nominations for a Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild award, and the former child star have ended their relationship.
"The split was amicable, and they remain close friends," her rep told the New York Post on Monday.
Kunis and Culkin reportedly began dating in 2002. A source told the Post that the pair split some time ago, but kept the breakup quiet while Kunis promoted "Black Swan."
Back in 2007, the actress denied rumors that she was engaged but spoke fondly of her relationship with Culkin.
"We're incredibly private, and I think we relish the privacy we do actually have and are able to sustain it," she told Parade magazine at the time. "We enjoy each other's company. We like to read books or play video games or watch TV or go to the movies. And he's an amazing cook. He makes dinner every night."
"There are a lot of things people want him to be that he's not," she continued. "He's an amazing, simple guy, who is probably the most brilliant person I've ever met. He's so, so smart and so aware and so kind and so sweet. Unfortunately, that's not what people want him to be, so they write stuff."
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 109 Comments
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments