Royal Engagement Photos: Prince William and Kate Middleton Share Two Official Portraits
NEW YORK (CBS) Prince William and Kate Middleton released not one, but two official engagement photos over the weekend.
Both photos were shot on Nov. 25 in London, by renowned photographer Mario Testino. He's a royal family favorite who captured some of the most iconic images of William's late mother, Princess Diana.
Testino said the couple appeared "in their prime and brimming with happiness" when he photographed them.
The formal portrait shows the royal couple in the Council Chamber in the State Apartment at St. James's Palace. In the photo, the prince wore a Turnbull and Asser suit, while Middleton chose a white Reiss dress and Links earrings, according to People magazine.
The informal portrait shows the two embracing in the palace's Cornwall Room. William donned a Turnbull and Asser shirt and Brunello Cucinelli sweater, while Middleton wore a Whistles blouse.
Which photo of the royal couple do you like better - formal and stately, or dressed-down and intimate? Scroll down to see both photos, cast your vote in our poll and share your thoughts in the comments.
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Stars pay tribute to James Gandolfini
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot
- This Is James Gandolfini, He's Not Tony