Josh Duhamel: "Lesson Learned" After Texting on Plane
NEW YORK (CBS) Josh Duhamel now realizes that even when you're an actor, you're not above the law.
The "Life As We Know It" actor says he will think twice when he texts from his BlackBerry -- after he recently delayed a US Airways flight from New York (La Guardia) to Kentucky and was escorted off of the aircraft for reportedly refusing to shut off the device.
"I learned that it's best to always turn them off, not my favorite moment," Duhamel told Access Hollywood. "I'm good, I'm good. Lesson learned."
So what led up to the drama?
Duhamel was "very rude," according to one passenger, and refused to turn off his BlackBerry after he was asked by a flight attendant to shut it off. At the third request, Duhamel laughed, according to TMZ.
Duhamel's reaction didn't fly with the attendant, who then called for backup. The plane, already on the runway, turned back to the gate.
Duhamel was eventually escorted off of the aircraft by two US Airways reps.
Duhamel's rep told TMZ the actor was texting on his BlackBerry about his flight being delayed and added, "He's sorry."
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Beatles' lyrics headed for British Library