Aretha Franklin Hails Surgery as Success
DETROIT (CBS/AP) Aretha Franklin remains hospitalized but she says her surgery was "highly successful'' and credits the positive outcome to the prayers of well-wishers.
In a statement released Thursday to The Associated Press, the Queen of Soul says: "God is still in control. I had superb doctors and nurses whom were blessed by all the prayers of the city and the country.''
A cousin told the Detroit Free Press she did not know how long the singer would be in the hospital. Brenda Corbett said the medical procedure took place around 5 a.m. on Thursday in Detroit.
"She's doing really really good," Corbett was quoted in the newspaper's report.
Franklin has not disclosed the condition for which she was being treated.
Last month, the 68-year-old singer announced she was canceling all concert dates and personal appearances through May on the orders of her doctors.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss