Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo are Engaged
NEW YORK (CBS) Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo are getting married.
"We're excited and incredibly happy about our engagement and we look forward to a wonderful future together," the longtime couple announced in a joint statement.
A source told People magazine that Lachey, 36, popped the question to Minnillo, 29, on Thursday "near a beach," in California with an Asscher-cut diamond with baguettes from Bader & Garrin.
"They are very happy," the source added. "They make each other happy."
Lachey took to his Twitter account Thursday afternoon to share the good news.
"Hey all. If anyone's heard the rumors of my engagement, they are absolutely true! Vanessa and I couldn't be happier. Thanks for all the love," he wrote.
The two began dating in 2006, and briefly split in 2009.
No wedding date was announced.
This is the first marriage for Minnillo and the second for Lachey. He was previously married to singer Jessica Simpson.
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 139 Comments
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Selma Blair abruptly exits "Anger Management"
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- "The Voice" finale recap: Season 4 crowns a winner
- Watch: New "Anchorman 2" trailer