Positive HIV Test Halts Production at 5 Porn Companies, More Shutdowns Expected
At least five adult entertainment studios have suspended filming as the industry awaits more news and testing, says Steven Hirsch, founder of Vivid Entertainment Group, one of the companies shut down. More companies are expected to follow suit.
The discovery was made at the Adult Industry Medical Healthcare Foundation, a Sherman Oaks clinic that caters to pornographic actors. The actor's identity and gender have not been released. Performers who had contact with the infected person are still being notified and tested.
The anonymous performer's positive HIV test is the first to be reported since last year when an adult-film actress was infected with the virus. According to the Los Angeles Times, no one else was infected
The last major scare was in 2004 when former porn star Darren James was found to have contracted the virus, infecting three other performers.
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers