For Sale: Synagogue with Ties to Bob Dylan
The building in Hibbing, Mich., which is No. 8 on the Bob Dylan walking tour, is where 13-year-old Bobby Zimmerman celebrated the Jewish rite of passage.
Zimmerman grew up to become Dylan, and the owners of the building, Brenda Shafer-Pellinen and her husband, Eric, are hoping that famous connection helps sell it.
Shafer-Pellinen tells the Duluth News Tribune that she has reached out to Dylan fans on websites such as expectingrain.com and dylanradio.com. The asking price is $119,000.
The building hasn't been a synagogue since the 1980s, when the congregation disbanded and the building was turned into apartments.
Shafer-Pellinen and her husband bought it in 2001 with the intent of turning it into a bed-and-breakfast, but the Twin Cities couple hasn't been able to move north.
Popular in Entertainment
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 348 Comments
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby