Christina Hendricks: "Women Hit on Me"
"Women hit on me," said the 35-year-old actress in the November issue of Harper's Bazaar magazine, on newsstands Oct. 26, "My husband thinks it's so odd that so many women hit on me."
When asked what she thought of being known as a role model, the "Mad Men" star said: "I'm thrilled. I would love to be thought of as that."
She says that the costumes accentuated the sway of her walk, and the rest is history. During "Mad Men's" first season, she and husband Geoffrey Arend were at dinner when a fan approached her and said, "'Excuse me, I just want to tell you that I watch your show, and you make me feel better about myself. I am a curvy woman, and you've made me feel sexy and beautiful.' I got teary eyed."
Christina tears up again at the memory. "I remember Geoffrey saying, 'That's what you're doing for people. That's amazing.' And I said, 'I'm just trying to be a good actress and trying to tell a story, but if this is the sidebar, all this positivity, then that is awesome.'"
Hendricks, 35, thinks people like to see characters like her on television that aren't stick thin.
Read the full article at Harper's Bazaar.
MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stars pay tribute to James Gandolfini
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot
- This Is James Gandolfini, He's Not Tony