Crystal Renn Takes on Paris Fashion Week, Walks in Three Big Shows
NEW YORK (CBS) Plus-size model Crystal Renn has continued her streak in the fashion world by earning a catwalk spot in not just one, but three major fashion shows during Paris Fashion Week.
The 24-year-old, who battled with anorexia to be in the fashion industry and later documented her struggles in the 2009 memoir "Hungry," hit the runway for Chanel, Jean Paul Gaultier and Zac Posen earlier this week.
"I'm here being treated like any other girl. It doesn't matter my size. It doesn't matter who I am. I'm going on castings like everybody else."
Having been in the industry since she was 14, Renn said she notices a change on the runways these days.
"Now, there's more ethnic diversity. The girls are not as skinny as before. You do see size 6s and a couple size 8s. There is change happening in the industry. There is more allowance for people to be different. I'm so impressed. I can't wait for next season."
MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video