Janet Leigh First of a String of Tony Curtis' Wives
NEW YORK (CBS) Actor Tony Curtis, who died Wednesday night at his Las Vegas home, was known in his heyday for a long string of relationships and many wives.
His first wife was actress Janet Leigh of "Psycho" fame; who died on Oct. 3, 2004.
Curtis and Leigh were married in 1951, and had two daughters, Jamie Lee and Kelly., both actresses today
The beautiful young couple was popular in Holllywood and did five films together, the first of which, "Houdini," propelled Curtis into the spotlight.
The couple divorced in 1962 after 11 years of marriage when rumors of his having an affair with his 17-year-old co-star from "Tara Bulbas" emerged. He later married the German actress, Christine Kaufmann, whom he divorced in 1968. They had two children together.
In all, the iconic actor had six wives.The others were Leslie Curtis (1968-1982), Andrea Savio (1984-1992) Lisa Deutsch (1993-1994) and Jill VandeBerg, whom he married in 1998 and who survives him.
Curtis also had two children with his third wife, Leslie Curtis.
MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 144 Comments
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Watch: New "Anchorman 2" trailer
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot