Bruce Springsteen Makes Cameo in Couple's Engagement Photos
Ed Dwyer and Jennifer Smith were having their photos taken on the beach in Manasquan, N.J., on Sept. 20 when Smith recognized Springsteen sitting on a bench.
Dwyer was walking along strumming a guitar. Smith told the Asbury Park Press that "Bruce said to Ed, 'Play that box.'"
Ed responded, "No, you're Bruce Springsteen, so, here, you play."
Springsteen started playing the instrument and talked with the couple.
Dwyer says Springsteen was "real laid-back and chill."
Springsteen posed with the couple with the guitar, in his bare feet and wearing a flannel shirt.
Smith said they were lucky to run into the musician.
"We kept putting [the engagement photos] off, and then with the crowds during the summer we wanted to wait. Thank goodness we did," Smith, who called Springsteen one of the best musicians in history, told the Daily Record.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?