Queen Rania Hospitalized In New York
AMMAN, Jordan (CBS/AP) Did Jordan's Queen Rania overdo things during the United Nations related meetings and celebrations last week in New York?
Jordan's Royal Palace says the queen, who turned 40 on Aug. 31, has undergone a non-surgical procedure in New York to correct an irregular heartbeat.Pictures: Queen Rania
A spokesman for the queen said Monday that Rania had a procedure known as catheter ablation, in which doctors inserted a catheter into a blood vessel and used an electric current to restore a normal heart rhythm.
A palace statement said the procedure went smoothly and that Rania is "well" and in "good spirits."
Rania is to remain in a New York hospital for two nights to recuperate and will return home later in the week.
MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Bynes' allegations of sexual assault under investigation
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video