Michael Grimm Pops The Question to Girlfriend on The "Ellen" Show
NEW YORK (CBS) "America's Got Talent" winner Michael Grimm asked his girlfriend to marry him Friday on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."
The 31-year-old Mississippi crooner told DeGeneres that he had sung his winning number ("When A Man Loves a Woman") with girlfriend Lucy Zolcerova in mind. Since Lucy was in the audience, Ellen made sure to get her on the stage.
The trio began by engaging in some light and heartwarming banter. Grimm referred to his longtime girlfriend as his "rock" and pointed out that "it takes a strong woman to deal with this business."
The interview took a turn toward the "mushy" when Grimm declared, "Once you find that good woman, you hang on to her." To prove his point, the singer dropped to one knee. Although Zolcerova's initial response ("Oh no you're not!") did not bode well for Grimm's chances, his simple proposal quickly met with a yes.
Grimm reiterated on "Ellen" his desire to build a new house for his Hurricane Katrina-impacted grandparents, this time showing photos of their ruined home. He still hasn't figured out a good use for the rest of the money, but a honeymoon now seems like a sure-fire option.
Watch video of Grimm proposing marriage at the "Ellen" show official website.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 129 Comments
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced