"Top Chef" Winner: Kevin Sbraga
NEW YORK (CBS) Kevin Sbraga was named winner of the seventh season of the Bravo series "Top Chef."
The 31-year-old chef's prizes are $125,000, a spread in Food and Wine magazine, and a showcase at the magazine's annual event in Aspen, Colo.
The season, set in Washington, D.C., moved to Singapore for the last two episodes. In made-for-reality-TV drama, one of the three finalists, Angelo Sosa, was taken ill but gamely emerged from his sickbed to cook and suffer the sniping of rival Ed Cotton.
Sbraga's work, including a coconut panna cotta, impressed the judges.
Sbraga will shortly leave the chef's position at Rat's, a French restaurant in Hamilton Township, N.J., managed by Stephen Starr. He has said he wants to open a small restaurant in Philadelphia.
The seventh season began shooting in April in Washington.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 119 Comments
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- Brad Pitt: "I've haven't known life to be any happier"