Will and Jada Pinkett Smith's 9-Year-Old Daughter Lands a Record Deal
The pint-sized 9-year-old has signed a deal with Jay-Z's Roc Nation Label, reports the Associated Press.
Her first single, "Whip My Hair," made its rounds on the Internet Tuesday and immediately sparked comparisons to R&B star Rhianna. The catchy vocals and punching beats prove that it's possible for a third-grader to get her "swag on."
Maybe it is in her genes. Her actress mom is a vocalist for the metal group Wicked Wisdom. And her dad has enjoyed success in the music arena, with hits like "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It," "Men in Black," and "Parent's Just Don't Understand," along with a favorable TV and film career.
In addition to Jay-Z, Smith has already garnered significant attention from a few other celebs.
"Dancing with the Stars" contestant Brandy expressed her enthusiasm about Smith's single on her Twitter account Tuesday.
"Ok these lil Smith kids are amazing!" she raved. "Ms Willow is not to be played with!"
Beyonce's younger sister, Solange Knowles, also hopped on board. "Willow Smith make me wanna whip some haiiirrr in this house. Ummm kill em girl. Kill em!" she wrote.
Give a listen to her single here.
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards
- "Star Trek Into Darkness" wins weekend box office
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Watch: New "Anchorman 2" teaser trailer debuts
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance