Bethenny Frankel: I'm Leaving "The Real Housewives of New York City"
NEW YORK (CBS) Bethenny Frankel may have shot to fame through "The Real Housewives of New York City" but now that she is, in fact, a wife and mother, she wants to leave "Housewives" in the past.
The 39-year-old Bravo reality star announced the news on Tuesday that she won't be joining next season. Why? Frankel says the last season took too much out of her and she wouldn't be able to "mentally handle" another round, saying she doesn't "see any reason to go back."
Frankel told Us Weekly that "Last season was scary and painful. It took all the joy out of it."
Frankel described the relationship between she and the other New York housewives as "dirty and nasty." Drama abounded last season with her on-screen falling-out with former best friend Jill Zarin, her unexpected pregnancy, her dying father and the insults that came her way via Kelly Bensimon's surprising breakdown.
Frankel is the only "Housewives" star of any of the casts to have her own spin-off series ("Bethenny Getting Married?").
Us Weekly reported that Frankel can't get away from "Housewives" or the Bravo network that easily. She is still under contract to make a few appearances on next season's "Housewives" and the network is reportedly trying to woo her back.
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale