Sandra Bullock Calls Son Louis a "Little Cajun Cookie"
The Oscar winner, 46, sat down with "Today" show's Matt Lauer to discuss her work with New Orleans' Warren Easton Charter High School and the finalization of her adoption of son Louis - whom she calls her "little Cajun cookie."
"Everything works out the way the universe wants it to work out," she said in the Tuesday interview which was conducted in Louis' hometown of New Orleans, where she unveiled the new student health center she help funded. "We had always said that it didn't matter where the child came from. If they had issues that were medical issues, we didn't care. It's like the child that needed us in the home is the child that's going to be placed.
Reflecting on the "long, long" adoption process, Bullock said now 7-month-old Louis is a perfect fit in her family.
"We don't have any boys in our family. Boy, is everyone really happy about that. He's like the crown prince. You know, it's nothing but girls in our family ... It was just the hierarchy that needed to be broken."
Bullock credits her family and friends, whom she says have "massive amounts of integrity," for keeping the adoption a secret. "I'm blessed with the same friends I've had since before things got really special for me and blessed in life."
Popular in Entertainment
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Jewel opens up about portraying June Carter Cash
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video