Conrad Murray, Doctor Charged In Michael Jackson's Death, Returns To Court
LOS ANGELES (CBS/AP) A judge says a preliminary hearing for the doctor charged in the death of pop legend Michael Jacskon will begin on Jan. 4.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor scheduled the hearing for Dr. Conrad Murray during a brief court session Monday, with Murray in attendance.
Prosecutors will lay out some of their evidence at the hearing, with Pastor then deciding whether to send Murray to trial.
The 57-year-old cardiologist has pleaded not guilty to one count of involuntary manslaughter.
Also present were several members of Jackson's family, including his mother Katherine and father Joseph. Members of Jackson's family have attended each hearing since Murray's arrest in February.
When brother Jermaine Jackson left the last hearing in June, he indicated some of them were not satisfied with the case against Murray.
"Dr. Murray's the fall guy," Jermaine Jackson said after the hearing. "This is bulls**t."
Popular in Entertainment
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 355 Comments
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- Nigella Lawson's husband cautioned by cops over assault
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby