Jennifer Aniston to Guest Star on "Cougar Town"
NEW YORK (CBS) "Friends" co-stars Jennifer Aniston and Courteney Cox are appearing on the small screen together once again.
Aniston is set to guest star on Cox's ABC comedy, "Cougar Town," the network announced Monday.
The actress will appear on the show's season 2 premiere on Sept. 22.
"She's going to play Courteney's shrink named Bonnie," executive producer Bill Lawrence told EW.com's The Ausiello Files. "Kind of a get-too-involved-in-her-life-type of therapist."
This isn't the first time Aniston and Cox have reunited on TV. In 2007, they appeared together on Cox's dramedy, "Dirt."
"It starts and ends with Courteney and Jennifer being really great friends and excited to work together again - especially doing comedy together," Lawrence added. "Every day that those two talk they have more ideas about [the role]. It's definitely something they're both involved in creatively."
And it might not be a one-time stint.
"We're very intentionally implying that it's a therapist Courteney has been using for a while, and we're certainly not going to make it like they'll never see each other again," Lawrence said. "So I'm crossing my fingers that if she has a good time it'll happen again."
Popular in Entertainment
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere