Miss Universe 2010: Oddsmakers Predict Miss Ireland Will Take the Tiara
Bookmakers at betting agency Paddy Power have calculated the odds for the beauty pageant. And at a 9-2 favorite, they predict Miss Ireland Rozanna Purcell will walk away with the coveted Miss Universe tiara.
The odds show that Purcell will be in close competition with Miss Philippines Venus Raj, Miss Mexico Jimena Navarrete, and Miss USA Rima Fakih. As for Miss Venezuela Marelisa Gibson, bookies think the 21-year-old contestant has a 14-1 chance of winning.
If Gibson takes home the tiara Monday night, Venezuela will be the first country to get the Miss Universe title in three consecutive years.
The Miss Universe 2010 pageant will air live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas on NBC and Telemundo Monday at 9 p.m. ET and will be hosted by Poison front man Bret Michaels and NBC correspondent Natalie Morales.
The international beauty contest, which is co-owned by Donald Trump and NBC, will be judged by celebrities including Olympic gold-medal-winning ice skater Evan Lysacek, illusionist Criss Angel, drummer Sheila E., actors Jane Seymour and Chazz Palminteri and MSNBC's Tamron Hall.
The winner will replace Miss Universe 2009 Stefania Fernandez of Venezuela.
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 144 Comments
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Watch: New "Anchorman 2" trailer
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot