Frank Sinatra's Grandson Hospitalized After Reported Suicide Attempt
Authorities responded to a 911 call for a possible suicide attempt on Monday afternoon in Downey, Calif., law enforcement sources told TMZ.com.Pictures: Frank Sinatra
The 32-year-old son of Frank Sinatra Jr., who is also named Frank, had consumed too many pills, but was conscious when authorities arrived on the scene, according to the report.
Sources told the website that the Chairman of the Board's grandson has always shunned the spotlight that came with his family's famous name.
A phone call placed by People magazine to Sinatra's room at the Downey Regional Medical Center was answered by a woman who identified herself as the patient's "Aunt Dorothy."
Confirming that Sinatra was there, she told the magazine, "He's doing okay. He had a big setback. Let's just say it's very similar to what his father went through with Ava Gardner. He's been having a very tough time. He's doing better now. We think he'll pull through."
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 145 Comments
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stars pay tribute to James Gandolfini