Oddsmakers Weigh In on Mel Gibson's Rants, Lindsay Lohans's Jail Time
NEW YORK (CBS) It hasn't been a good week for Mel Gibson or Lindsay Lohan. And people are now placing bets on the outcomes of their misfortunes.
Recordings purported to be of Mel Gibson have been posted on the Internet, filled with expletives, racist remarks and threats against his ex-girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva. He's also the focus of a domestic violence inquiry involving Grigorieva.
Lohan, on the other hand, surrendered herself to authorities on Tuesday to begin a 90-day jail sentence she received for violating her probation. She likely won't serve the full sentence, but when she gets out she's required to head to three months of court-ordered rehab.
The oddsmakers at YouWager.com, a leading sportsbook, have placed odds on what will happen next to both of Hollywood's latest scandal-makers, with odds pointing to rehab for Gibson and a religious epiphany for Lohan.
The full odds are below:
What's likely to happen next in Mel Gibson battle?
Admit a drug/alcohol and go to rehab: 33% (+200)
His wife will offer to pay $5 million: 18% (+500)
Start to sell off estate: 6% (+1500)
During Lindsay Lohan's jail term, she will:
Announce that she's found God: 18% (+500)
Suffer a nervous breakdown: 13% (+700)
Meet her new girlfriend: 9% (+1000)
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 141 Comments
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Selma Blair abruptly exits "Anger Management"
- Watch: New "Anchorman 2" trailer
- "The Voice" finale recap: Season 4 crowns a winner
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"