Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert To Debut Talk Show Aimed For And About Moms
Now, we know why CBS keeps canceling its long-running soap operas.
When "As the World Turns" ends in September, it will be replaced by an hour-long daily talk show with six co-hosts, all women, an echo of ABC's popular "The View'' series.
The show has no name yet, but it has an eclectic group off hosts including Julie Chen, who hosts "Big Brother" and is a co-anchor on "The Early Show."
She will be joined by "America's Got Talent" judge and former "Celebrity Apprentice " contestant Sharon Osbourne; Sara Gilbert, who played Darlene Conner-Healy on TV's "Roseanne" and has recently been added to the cast of "The Big Bang Theory;" Holly Robinson Peete, who challenged Bret Michaels for last season's "Celebrity Apprentice" title; Broadway actress and former "Dancing With The Stars" contestant Marissa Jaret Winokur; and actress Leah Remini of "The King of Queens."
CBS said Wednesday that the new show will take a mom's view of entertainment and news stories. All the panelists have children and several have celebrity mates. Osbourne is the wife of rocker Ozzy Osbourne; Peete is married to former NFL quarterback Rodney Peete; and Julie Chen is the wife of CBS CEO Les Moonves. Gilbert is a lesbian mom, raising two children with partner Allison Adler.
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 109 Comments
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- Toby Keith: Moore, Oklahoma "will persevere"