Kathy Griffin "Heartbroken" Over "Former Flame" Levi Johnston
NEW YORK (CBS) When Levi Johnston and Bristol Palin announced their engagement on the new cover of US Weekly last week, comedienne Kathy Griffin didn't take it too well.
The 49-year-old funny lady logged on to her Twitter account to express her grief over Johnston's surprise engagement.
"Oh y did I trust my heart 2 a 19 yr old ice-fisherman/babydaddy from Wasila? Like Britney I'm putting myself on a 5150 psych hold," she wrote.
She later "broke down" on a video she posted on YouTube, ripping out pages of Johnston's Playgirl spread while Celine Dion's emotional ballad "All By Myself" played in the background.
Griffin often joked that Johnston was her boyfriend. Last summer, the two hit the red carpet arm-in-arm at the Teen Choice Awards. She even traveled to Johnston's hometown of Wasilla to hang with her "man-boy-toy-escort" in an episode of her Bravo reality show "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List."
Despite her recent heartbreak, it didn't take too long for Griffin to find a new young man to fixate on. She recently posted a photo on her Twitter account with "Twilight" star Kellan Lutz and wrote, "Levi who? Say hello to Kathy Griffin-Lutz."
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale