"Mad Men" Has a Famous Fan in President Obama
The president wrote to creator Matt Weiner to tell him he enjoyed the third season and to congratulate him on his award-winning show.
"He was congratulating me on my and the show's success, and I wanted to say, 'But wait, you're the successful person,'" Weiner told Fox News on Tuesday.
The letter hangs in the hallway outside Weiner's office, according to the report.
This isn't the first time the president has shown his interest in the goings-on at the Sterling Cooper advertising agency. A 2008 profile in the New York Times magazine notes that he had a "Mad Men" DVD sitting on a side table on his campaign plane.
Last week, "Mad Men" received its third Emmy nomination for outstanding drama series (the show took won the award in both 2008 and 2009), along with individual acting nominations for stars Jon Hamm, January Jones, Elisabeth Moss, John Slattery, Christina Hendricks and Robert Morse. The show has also won three Golden Globes for best drama series (2008-2010).
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage