Cristiano Ronaldo Announces He's a Dad
The 25-year-old shared the news Saturday in a statement posted on his Facebook page, adding that mother's identity would be kept confidential and that he plans to raise the baby on his own.
No date for the birth was given.
"It is with great joy and emotion that I inform I have recently become father to a baby boy," the statement read. "As agreed with the baby's mother, who prefers to have her identity kept confidential, my son will be under my exclusive guardianship. No further information will be provided on this subject and I request everyone to fully respe...ct my right to privacy (and that of the child) at least on issues as personal as these are."
A spokesman at Gestifute, which manages Ronaldo's career, told People magazine: "It's all true but we don't want to say any more."
The spokesman added that all Ronaldo wanted to say was up on Facebook.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner