Jackson Family Gathers at Cemetery, Childhood Home
Tito Jackson shook the hands of a few of the fans waiting to pay respects to his late brother at Forest Lawn Cemetery on the one-year anniversary of the pop icon's death.FULL COVERAGE: Michael Jackson, One Year Later
Hundreds of fans have filed past barricades to get close to Jackson's mausoleum. Some wept. Mourners carried bouquets, and some wore Jackson T-shirts or his signature sparkling gloves and fedora hats.
Fans started gathering at Forest Lawn on Thursday evening. Five large wreaths of flowers and dozens of bouquets, drawings and photos of Jackson had been placed outside his private mausoleum.
In Gary, Ind., Jackson's hometown, hundreds of fans began gathering this afternoon for a tribute at the family home, where loadspeakers set up outside were playing his music. The singer's mother, Katherine, is in the city for the event. His niece, Genevieve Jackson, is also scheduled to attend.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos