Larry King Set to Host Celebrity Telethon for Gulf Oil Spill
Along with a performance by Sting, the two-hour special edition of "Larry King Live" will include appearances by Justin Bieber, Ted Danson, Cameron Diaz, Tim McGraw, Robert Redford, and Lenny Kravitz, among others.
CNN said Friday that guests will visit with King on set and by satellite. They will also participate in the program's telephone banks, taking viewers calls.
"American Idol's" Ryan Seacrest will host an online edition called "Social Suite" for viewers using social media like Facebook and Twitter.
Back in January, King and CNN hosted a similar telethon which raised $5 million for relief efforts in Haiti.
Money raised from the "Disaster in the Gulf: How You Can Help" telethon will go to United Way, National Wildlife Federation and The Nature Conservancy.
The telethon will air 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. EST on Monday, June 21.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards