David Hyde Pierce at Home on Broadway
NEW YORK (CBS) David Hyde Pierce can't stay away from Broadway.
"I started out here and went away and did 'Frasier,' and as soon as 'Frasier' was done, I came back, " her told reporters in the press room at the 2010 Tony awards in New York Sunday night.
On the theater community, he said, "It's hard to keep me away from here. I love it." He added that he prefers theater to all other forms of acting.Pictures: Tony Awards
Pictures: Behind the Scenes
Complete Coverage: The Tony Awards
The stage is also a good opportunity for Hollywood stars like Scarlett Johansson, he said. "Broadway is very welcoming - if you're good."
Pierce also had kind words for Tony host Sean Hayes, saying he excelled right from the beginning of the broadcast.
"He's amazing," Pierce said of Hayes. "I'm very happy for him. I think this is a huge success for him."
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner