Silvia Mena: I Was Left Pregnant, Abandoned by Redskins' Albert Haynesworth
NEW YORK (CBS/AP) A Brooklyn exotic dancer wants to show Washington Redskins' defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth that, when it comes to women, you can't just love 'em and leave 'em.
The 28-year-old NFL pro, who was considered one of football's best defensive players, is being sued for $10M by dancer Silvia Mena for allegedly impregnating her and then abandoning her.
Mena, 25, claims Haynesworth promised her he would provide emotional and financial support, but dumped her after learning she was expecting in late February.
But did Haynesworth really avoid his pregnant ex-lover?
According to the court papers filed by Mena, he did - and he has allegedly refused to talk to her since late March or give her any money toward her medical bills, the New York Post also reports.
"It is very stressful, I cry all the time," Mena said.
Haynesworth isn't broke by any means. In fact, he is doing really well for himself - he signed a $100 million contract with the Redskins last year.
Haynesworth's agent declined to comment on the newspaper report.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims