"24" Finale Airs; Can "24: The Movie" Be Far Behind?
NEW YORK (CBS) The Fox TV drama series "24" has ended, but Jack Bauer, its main character who has cheated death more times than one can count, still lives.
That can only mean that "24: The Movie" is in the works.
Following the show's bloody two-hour finale on Monday night, fans began looking forward to the film version, reportedly due out in 2012. Details have been sketchy at best, perhaps to keep interest high in the TV show.Pictures: Out of Work in Hollywood
Executive producer Howard Gordon and star Kiefer Sutherland announced in March that a movie was planned. At the same time, they announced the end of the TV show, which has been on the air since November 2001.
Its debut delayed by the events of 9/11, "24" has had plotlines taken straight from the headlines and sparked discussions over such topics as the response to terrorism, use of torture and nuclear arms proliferation.
The show has earned the 43-year-old Sutherland an Emmy nomination for every year, save one, since 2002. He won the award in 2006. He also has earned Golden Globe and SAG awards for the role.
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 103 Comments
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- "Star Wars" animated series coming 2014