Brittany Murphy Husband Dead: Source Says Actress' Mother Found Simon Monjack's Body
The screenwriter died five months after his wife was found dead from what authorities say was pneumonia and drug intoxication.
A friend of Sharon's told People magazine Monday that she was the one who found Monjack's body in the same Hollywood Hills home where Brittany Murphy died in December. Monjack and Sharon continued to live in the home after Murphy's death.
Sharon, the friend said, is "not well at all" in the wake of the discovery.
"Brittany's mom made the 911 call. He was unresponsive when responders arrived and was pronounced dead at the house," Los Angeles Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter told the magazine. "It's being reported [by the responding fire department] as a possible heart attack. We're not sure if it is natural causes or a possible accident maybe because of the prescription medication found there."
Monjack has had a history with health issues. In January, Monjack's mother, Linda Monjack, told People that her son was "unwell" and that he had suffered "a slight heart attack" a week before his wife's death. CBS' "The Early Show" also reported Monday that he recently had complained of seizures.
No cause of death has been released.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss