Travis Garland: Who Is He?
After watching him perform a show-stopping "Believe," TV audiences are asking themselves today : "Just who is he?"
A good ol' boy from Lubbock, Texas, the 20-year-old singer is signed to Geffen, managed by Jessica and Ashlee Simpson's dad, Joe, and championed by celebrity blogger Perez Hilton. He has a Texas churchgoing background to boot and he built his chops in the largely unknown boy band NLT (Not Like Them), a group which also features Kevin McHale, who plays Artie on FOX's "Glee."
The guy's got "pop" plastered all over him.
Perez Hilton, who sported a Travis Garland T-shirt while chatting with Ryan Seacrest before introducing the singer, says he has "a better voice than Justin Timberlake."
Usurping the "New King of Pop" isn't an easy feat. But if this dude can trump even pre-teen idol Justin Beiber on the "American Idol" stage Wednesday night, we might want to look out.
His new single "Believe" was released on iTunes May 18.
Popular in Entertainment
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- Beatles' lyrics headed for British Library