Local Investigation Round-up: Foreclosure Nightmares
CBS affiliates in Miami and San Francisco investigate two different kinds of foreclosure nightmares that are costing homeowners peace of mind---and their homes:
Miami (WFOR)- The Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (NACA) claims it helps troubled homeowners fight off foreclosure through free counseling services. But a CBS4 I-Team Investigation has found angry customers nationwide stuck in an endless cycle of paper and a taxpayer-funded organization in NACA that's simply not doing its job.
San Francisco (KPIX)- CBS5 details a new foreclosure scam called "bid rigging" that is sweeping across California, with some homeowners losing their homes to swindling investors right on the courthouse steps.
- Okla. tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble
- Storm spotter: Oklahoma tornado "a nightmare"
- Survivors pulled from Okla. school hit by tornado
- Oklahoma tornado survivor: "Everything is gone"
- At least 51 dead after tornado strikes Oklahoma City suburb
- 5/20: Deadly tornado strikes Okla.; Fmr. Cincinnati IRS office worker speaks out
- Inside the IRS office that targeted conservative groups
- Agent: I was ordered to let U.S. guns into Mexico
- Oklahoma governor: We need lots of prayers tonight
- Oklahoma tornado leaves residents in state of shock
- Oklahoma City manager: Tornado created "significant damage"
- 16-year-old finds a new way to detect cancer
- Lotto winners with tragic story thank "guardian angel"
- WH Benghazi emails have different quotes than earlier reported
- The power of a uniquely American song
- Severe weather: Where is the storm headed?