Obama on "gunwalking": Serious mistake may have been made
Last night, a reporter from Univision asked President Obama about the subject of a CBS News investigation: allegations that ATF allowed traffickers to send weapons to Mexican drug cartels in an operation called "Fast and Furious." Insiders call the strategy letting guns "walk."
In response, the president said neither he nor Attorney General Eric Holder approved the operation.
"There may be a situation here which a serious mistake was made and if that's the case then we'll find out and well hold somebody accountable," he added.
- Okla. tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble
- Man killed in brutal London attack
- Storm spotter: Oklahoma tornado "a nightmare"
- CBS News goes undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory
- 5/23: Obama: The war on terror, "like all wars, must end"; baby born as tornado struck
- Oklahoma miracle baby -- born amidst tornado chaos
- 5/22: Residents return to tornado-ravaged neighborhoods; Undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory
- Teacher injured in Okla. tornado takes first steps
- Injured third-grade teacher tells of trying to protect students
- Parents ask why Okla. schools don't have tornado shelters
- 94-year-old opened storm shelter to neighbors as tornado approached
- Survivor of Bangladesh factory collapse speaks out
- Oklahoma family narrowly escaped death during tornado
- Injured Okla. teacher: "I wish I could have done more"
- Oklahoma family tells amazing story of survival
- Tattoos: A lesser-known form of domestic abuse