Obama on "gunwalking": Serious mistake may have been made
Last night, a reporter from Univision asked President Obama about the subject of a CBS News investigation: allegations that ATF allowed traffickers to send weapons to Mexican drug cartels in an operation called "Fast and Furious." Insiders call the strategy letting guns "walk."
In response, the president said neither he nor Attorney General Eric Holder approved the operation.
"There may be a situation here which a serious mistake was made and if that's the case then we'll find out and well hold somebody accountable," he added.
- Did Obama admin. know of IRS targeting during campaign?
- 16-year-old finds a new way to detect cancer
- 5/19: Surviving the Midwest twisters; How a $4.8 million winning ticket saved a family
- Lotto winners with tragic story thank "guardian angel"
- Thunderstorm supercells threaten Midwest
- WH Benghazi emails have different quotes than earlier reported
- 5/18: NTSB investigates train collision; teen tackles cancer diagnosis
- Conn. train collision a major headache for commuters
- Young Innovators: Teen tackles cancer diagnosis
- 50th anniversary of Medgar Evers' broadcasting milestone
- The power of a uniquely American song
- Long Island college student accidentally killed by police
- Katie: The True Story Behind "The Last King"
- Lucky lotto: How a $4.8 million winning ticket saved a family
- 8-year-old fights to get WWII vet recognition he deserves
- Small Fla. town waits for Powerball winner to come forward