Bernard Madoff Auction: Round II
The U.S. Marshals office held a media preview of Saturday's auction in Brooklyn, where more than 400 pieces of Madoff history were on display.
Among the items to be auctioned off? Bernie's embroidered Italian slippers, Ruth Madoff's 10 carat diamond engagement ring, and the Madoffs' extensive shoe collection.
Also available: a canopy bed (mattress not included), a leather elephant, Ruth Madoff's golf clubs and Bernie Madoff's boxers, size 40.
The auction is expected to bring in about 1.5 millions dollars, all of which will go toward the restitution of Madoff's victims.
- Okla. tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble
- 5/23: Obama: The war on terror, "like all wars, must end"; baby born as tornado struck
- Oklahoma miracle baby -- born amidst tornado chaos
- Teacher injured in Okla. tornado takes first steps
- Storm spotter: Oklahoma tornado "a nightmare"
- Man killed in brutal London attack
- CBS News goes undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory
- Survivor of Bangladesh factory collapse speaks out
- Injured third-grade teacher tells of trying to protect students
- President Obama defends drone strikes
- Resentment over wars may have motivated London terror attack
- Mother-to-be was in labor as Oklahoma tornado hit
- 5/22: Residents return to tornado-ravaged neighborhoods; Undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory
- Parents ask why Okla. schools don't have tornado shelters
- Angry Pakistanis fight to end U.S. drone strikes
- Did Obama admin. know of IRS targeting during campaign?