Tiger Woods on golfing with Obama: "We won"
Tiger Woods smiles during a news conference before playing a practice round for the Match Play Championship golf tournament, Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2013, in Marana, Ariz. / AP Photo / Julie Jacobson
Tiger Woods clearly enjoyed his round of golf with President Obama on Sunday, not just because he likes the president but because they beat their opponents.
"He's just a wonderful person to be around. And we won," Woods said today prior to the Match Play Championship in Marana, Ariz., according to Sports Illustrated.
"He's an avid golfer, and so am I," Woods added.
Woods' account of Sunday's golf outing at the Floridian golf club with Mr. Obama, U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk and Houston Astros/Floridian owner Jim Crane, syncs with Crane's recollection to Houston's KRIV-TV Sunday night.
"Ron Kirk and I played them," Crane told the station. "They did put it on us pretty good."
"It's unbelievable," said Crane. "One of the best players in the world, if not the best player in the world and the president."
Crane added that Mr. Obama "played pretty good. ... He made a bunch of pars. I don't think he made a birdie. He putts the ball well. He strikes it well.
"I think if he had a little time, he'd probably get pretty proficient at it."
Popular in Politics
- FBI: Surveillance info helped reveal subway, stock exchange bombings 202 Comments
- Jesse Jackson Jr. asks to serve jail sentence before wife
- Obama: "Very easy to slip-slide" into deeper Syrian involvement 94 Comments
- IRS scandal: Is partisanship overshadowing facts? 167 Comments
- Obama on NSA programs: Americans "not getting the complete story"
- Snowden: U.S. gov't destroyed my chance for fair trial 299 Comments
- Supreme Court strikes down Arizona voting law
- Former critic McCaskill pushes for Hillary Clinton 2016 bid