Warren wins Mass. Senate seat
Democrat Elizabeth Warren will beat incumbent Republican Scott Brown in the closely-watched Massachusetts Senate race, CBS News projects.
The race has been among the most costly and contentious of the cycle.
Warren, a liberal favorite and consumer advocate, was tapped to challenge Brown after being passed over to head the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. But Brown, who who was elected with Tea Party support following the death of Sen. Ted Kennedy, was a popular figure in the state, and the two were locked in a dead heat for months.
Following a handful of debates, however, Warren in the last months of the campaign appeared to open up a lead over her opponent.
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- Petraeus biographer regrets affair
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 189 Comments
- Obama prom pictures surface 131 Comments
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- Palin Image: Confident, Secure Play Video
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 296 Comments
- Pelosi ties bridge collapse to sequester