Michelle Obama votes early
When Bob Schieffer was beginning to think modern politicians had forgotten how to give a good speech, San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro delivered a classic barnburner at the 2012 DNC. And Michelle Obama was terrific, too.
Via Twitter, the first lady wrote that "I just dropped my absentee ballot in the mail."
Hey, @barackobama, I just dropped my absentee ballot in the mail - I couldn't wait for Election Day! Love you! -mo-- Michelle Obama (@MichelleObama) October 15, 2012
She also released a photo of herself holding the stamped envelope containing her Illinois absentee ballot.
At a rally at Ohio Wesleyan University today, she told the crowd: "I'm pretty fired up and ready to go myself especially because this morning - I cast my vote early for Barack Obama. Today. I voted for my husband."
"Right now my absentee ballot is on its way to Illinois, my home state. ... So, forgive me if I'm a little excited today. For me it was Election Day."
President Obama, who has been urging voters to cast their ballots before Election Day, plans to vote early - in person - in Chicago on October 25, according to the Obama campaign.
"The President and First Lady are making history by voting early in person and by mail in order to promote the ease, convenience, and importance of voting," an Obama for America news release says.
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- Petraeus biographer regrets affair
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 194 Comments
- Obama prom pictures surface 131 Comments
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- As summer approaches, sequestration threatens holiday fun
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 305 Comments
- Pelosi ties bridge collapse to sequester