Warren outraised Brown in 3rd quarter
Republican Sen. Scott Brown, left, shakes hands with Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren prior to their debate in Springfield, Mass., Wednesday Oct. 10, 2012. / AP Photo/Elise Amendola
In one of the most hotly contested Senate races, Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren outraised incumbent Sen. Scott Brown, R-Mass., by $4.5 million during the three-month period ending Sept. 30.
Warren raised $12.1 million between July 1 and Sept. 30, according to her campaign, while Brown's campaign says he raised $7.45 million during the same time period.
Massachusetts has turned out to be the most expensive Senate race of the campaign cycle as Warren's campaign has raised a total of $35 million while Brown has raised $24 million, according to the Associated Press.
Polls have been consistently tight. Warren and Brown have squared off in three debates and will meet again for their final match up October 30.
Popular in Politics
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington 234 Comments
- Adviser on White House scandals: "Partisan fishing expeditions" won't distract Obama 74 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 361 Comments
- Where is the Benghazi cover-up Republicans promised? 422 Comments
- IRS targeting overlooked biggest soft money groups 71 Comments
- For GOP, scandals could be an electoral plus - or minus 345 Comments
- Obama: Racism is no excuse for not excelling Play Video
- Republicans use IRS scandal to tar Obamacare