Report: Obama campaign earns $150+ million in Sept.
The Obama campaign raised more than $150 million in September, according to reports by the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal, marking the highest fundraising number yet in a single month by either his campaign or Mitt Romney's.
Last month, amid a bump in enthusiasm following the Democratic National Convention, the Obama campaign outraised Romney's team for the first time since April, raking in $114 million dollars to Romney's $111.6 million.
Meanwhile, billionaire philanthropist George Soros last month joined a growing handful of Democratic donors who have recently signaled a newfound willingness to contribute to Priorities USA Action, a pro-Obama super PAC.
The Romney campaign has not yet released its September numbers, and the Obama campaign did not respond to a request for confirmation of the story. According to the Times, the numbers are still being tallied.
Popular in Politics
- Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows
- Jesse Jackson Jr. asks to serve jail sentence before wife
- FBI: Surveillance info helped reveal subway, stock exchange bombings 210 Comments
- House Republicans pass 20-week limit on abortions 105 Comments
- Snowden: U.S. gov't destroyed my chance for fair trial 289 Comments
- Senators: U.S. must take "more decisive" military action in Syria
- Treasury secretary's loopy signature is now less loopy
- Obama on NSA programs: Americans "not getting the complete story" 245 Comments