Rep. Barney Frank marries longtime partner
U.S. Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., left, and Jim Ready pose at their wedding reception Saturday, July 7, 2012. Frank married his longtime partner in a ceremony officiated by Gov. Deval Patrick in Newton, Mass. / AP Photo/Fotique, Jaime E. Connolly
(AP) NEWTON, Mass. - U.S. Rep. Barney Frank has tied the knot with his longtime partner in a ceremony officiated by Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick.
Frank spokesman Harry Gural says the 72-year-old congressman married 42-year-old Jim Ready in a Saturday evening wedding at the Boston Marriott hotel in Newton. Gural says more than 300 friends, family and colleagues attended.
Frank, a Democrat who is retiring after more than three decades in office, represents the 4th Congressional District in southeastern Massachusetts.
Ready, of Ogunquit, Maine, has a small business doing custom awnings, carpentry, painting, welding and other general handyman services. He's also a photographer.
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- Obama prom pictures surface 131 Comments
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 178 Comments
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 288 Comments
- Petraeus biographer regrets affair
- Pelosi ties bridge collapse to sequester
- Now, some unions upset over Obamacare