Rep. Barney Frank marries longtime partner
U.S. Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., left, and Jim Ready pose at their wedding reception Saturday, July 7, 2012. Frank married his longtime partner in a ceremony officiated by Gov. Deval Patrick in Newton, Mass. / AP Photo/Fotique, Jaime E. Connolly
(AP) NEWTON, Mass. - U.S. Rep. Barney Frank has tied the knot with his longtime partner in a ceremony officiated by Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick.
Frank spokesman Harry Gural says the 72-year-old congressman married 42-year-old Jim Ready in a Saturday evening wedding at the Boston Marriott hotel in Newton. Gural says more than 300 friends, family and colleagues attended.
Frank, a Democrat who is retiring after more than three decades in office, represents the 4th Congressional District in southeastern Massachusetts.
Ready, of Ogunquit, Maine, has a small business doing custom awnings, carpentry, painting, welding and other general handyman services. He's also a photographer.
Popular in Politics
- Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows 73 Comments
- House Republicans pass 20-week limit on abortions 144 Comments
- Senators: U.S. must take "more decisive" military action in Syria
- Obama and Berlin: Faded echoes meet new realities
- Snowden: U.S. gov't destroyed my chance for fair trial
- Bill Ayers: Obama should be tried for war crimes
- FBI: Surveillance info helped reveal subway, stock exchange bombings 213 Comments
- Treasury secretary's loopy signature is now less loopy